- The Nia Technique - The High Powered, Energizing Workout that Gives You a New Body and a New Life, by Debbie Rosas and Carlos Rosas. A fascinating read, with beautiful, illustrative photos and detailed guide to the movements of Nia and their specific benefits. See www.NiaNow.com
- Ageless Woman - Natural Health & Beauty After Forty, by Dr. Nancy Lonsdorf. Menopause reveals imbalances in your system that may have been building up for years. This book provides a simple guide for understanding menopause, and easy steps for creating balance in your mind, body and emotions. Read this book BEFORE and after menopause! Read before considering any hormone treatments or other "natural" approaches to menopause symptoms. See www.drnancylonsdorf.com for articles, tips, etc.
- Heaven's Banquet - Vegetarian Cooking for Lifelong Health the Ayurveda Way, by Miriam Kasan Hospodar. Excellent recipes, fun to read, and a great introduction to Ayurveda. (Also includes ayurvedic recommendations for non-vegetarians.) Her colorful website, www.miriamhospodar.com, features Miriam's art, writing, and cooking.
- Trigger Point Therapy Workbook, Your Self-Treatment Guide for Pain Relief, Second Edition, by Clair Davies NCTMB. For examples of these effective self-treatment techniques, see www.triggerpointbook.com
- Total Heart Health, by Richard Schneider, MD FACC. How to prevent and reverse heart disease and its risk factors — stress, high blood pressure, cholesterol, overweight, smoking — naturally and without harmful side effects. See www.totalhearthealth.info
- The Science of Being and Art of Living, by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, founder of the Transcendental Meditation program. In this classic book, first published in 1963 and read by millions of people, Maharishi unfolds his vision for “a new humanity, developed in all life’s values — physical, mental, material, spiritual.” Available from www.MUMPress.com
- For more about Transcendental Meditation,visit these links:
To see more articles on this site, click on "home" below.